Adding Money To Your Netspend Card From Your Bank Account
Adding money to your Netspend card from your bank account is easy. With just a few simple steps we’ll have you transferring funds onto your Netspend card in no time. There are a few things you should know before we get started. Before you are able to transfer money from the bank you to your card you must verify your Netspend card. We will explain it in detail below. Some banks may not offer the option for their members to add an external card to their account, which is a required function to make the transfer. Last but not least, you will need online access to your bank account. If everything we’ve explained so far is okay with you, let’s get started!
Transferring Money To Netspend From Your Bank
Gathering Information From Netspend
- Login to your Netspend account.
- In the upper left corner there should be a column that displays your account number and routing number.
- Write down or screenshot your account and routing number. Do not copy the Flash id.
- Also write down “MetaBank”. This is the bank that issues the Netspend cards.
- Logout of your Netspend card.
Adding Netspend To Your Bank Account
- Login to your online bank account
- There should be a link or label that says “External Accounts“, “Transfer” or something similar.
- If you cannot find this link you may want to call your bank and ask “How Can I add an external card to my account?”
- This is where the Netspend information you’ve collected comes in handy. You are going to type in your Netspend card account and routing numbers into the proper fields. Some forms also require you to also provide the bank name. The bank you are going to type is “MetaBank”.
- Your bank account will verify your Netspend card by making a small deposit (usually cents). This process can take between 3-5 business days. So you will have to check your Netspend account for the deposit every 2 days or so.
- When you see the deposit in your transaction history write the amount(s) down and head back over to your bank account to verify the amounts with them.
- Ta-Da! You are finished
- You can now add money to your Netspend card from your bank account
Alternatively you can reload your Netspend card at a reload center.