Uber is an incredibly popular way to get around, especially in North America. With their convenient app that allows instant access to qualified drivers in your area, competitive prices and a variety of in-app safety features, Uber has become the go-to transportation service.
Recently, the company stepped up their game and began offering drivers an additional perk; their very own Uber Visa Debit card. This card is available exclusively to drivers that work for Uber, so it is, unfortunately, not open to the public. However, if you are an Uber driver, this card is very convenient to save you money with the excellent bargains, discounts, and cash back options it offers their clients. Below are the details you need to know before taking the plunge and signing up for an Uber Visa Debit card.
- This card is offered by GoBank (which is an FDIC insured bank), so you must have an account with them prior to applying
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old to open an account
- Once approved, the card will reach you within 5-7 business days
- Card is accepted anywhere in the U.S., as long as Visa payment is offered by the retailer
- You must opt-in to the rewards and perks offered for this card, before collecting any cash back and discounts at various participating retail locations
- A pack of cheques for this account can be ordered for a small fee of $5.95
Luckily, there are absolutely no fees associated with this account. Drivers will benefit from the card’s DirectDeposit™ option, allowing for instant cash in your account 2 days before payday. There are absolutely no ATM fees, provided you exclusively use GoBank’s massive ATM network, scattered across the country. A $2.50 fee will be applied if you use any other branded ATM. However, GoBank does not charge any other hidden fees that are often a problem with other debit cards and banking institutions such as overdraft, NSF or penalty fees. Customers have the option to transfer income generated from Uber with a simple click of a button, anytime it is needed. There is no minimum amount required to transfer and the Instant Pay opportunity can be used up to 5 times a day. However, a charge of 3% will be fined for all purchases made on foreign websites, outside of the U.S.
The Uber Visa Debit offers a variety of perks for their users. Participating retailers have partnered with GoBank to offer exclusive deals on car specific merchandise. This is especially helpful, since Uber drivers are constantly on the road, racking up mileage, and are in need of frequent upgrades and updates to be done in order to ensure a safe and efficient ride for themselves and their customers.
- 3% Cash Back at Exxon and Mobil gas stations and 1.5% cashback at all other participating stations
- 2% Cash Back for in-store and online Walmart purchases
- 15% discount on select Jiffy Lube services
- 10% Cash Back on Advance Auto Parts merchandise
With its many convenient perks and benefits, the Uber Visa Debit card is an excellent choice for every Uber driver.